New York, NY
Sunday, November 4th, 2018
Status: REGISTRATION OPEN!
REGISTER BY: Register by September 1, 2018
ABOUT THIS EVENT
The New York City Marathon is a beloved race of AKTIV Against Cancer. Our co-founder, Grete Waitz, won this race an astounding NINE times in her career. Now you can run it, too!
Don't miss the opportunity to experience this bucket-list event. Hear the start-line canons and let Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" usher you over the Verrazano Bridge. Tour the five boroughs and feel the city's vibrant energy. As you move along the race course, over two million people cheer you on toward the finish line in Central Park. Whether it's your first marathon or your 10th, it promises to be an event you'll never forget.
FUNDRAISING Commitment options:
Commitment Do You Need a Race Entry?
- $3000 Yes! I Need a race entry through AKTIV Against Cancer. Receive GUARANTEED ENTRY with this option. *
- $1000 No, I already have a race entry through New York Road Runners' lottery, 9+1 qualifying program, or by deferral from 2017.
* A Note About Guaranteed Entry
- The $3000 fundraising option guarantees you a spot in the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon. All team members who select this option are responsible for paying their race entry fee directly to New York Road Runners (NYRR) in August 2018.
- $255 for NYRR members
- $295 for non-members
- $358 for non-U.S. residents
As an AKTIV Against Cancer team member, you receive the following benefits in exchange for raising funds to support our mission:
- Guaranteed spot in the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon
- Marathon training schedule designed by 3x Olympian Jen Rhines
- Personalized fundraising support and tools to help you reach your goal
- Team pasta dinner the night before the race
- Adidas brand race-day gear
- Transportation to the start line
- & more!
All ability levels welcome!